Yes, maybe you have graduated high school and got your diploma and everything. But, you can only call yourself a true college kid when these signs describe you.
1.During a 3 hour break between classes, you pull out your phone to call one of your friends that is still in high school, only to realize that they are still in school. And will be for the next 5 hours.
2. You start seriously wondering how you survived having 7 classes when you were in high school… Back-to-back… In one day…. For five days straight, every week. Because now, the idea of having more than 3 classes a day gives you heart palpitations.
3. It’s no longer weird to shake hands with someone your own age when you first meet them.
4. It’s completely normal to plan an outing on a random Wednesday morning.
5. Screw “I love you.” – You’re favorite 3-word phrases become “It is free!” and “Class is cancelled.”
6. You are game for pretty much any event that promises free food – whether you’re supposed to be there or not. Yes, I speak from experience.
7. When your professor is late, you become irrationally happy, and hope that the famous 15-minute period will pass so you can leave.
8. When your professor does arrive within that 15-minute grace period, the sight of their face makes you irrationally angry. Sorry, professors!
9. (At least of you are female) You develop a whole new appreciation for sweatpants, leggings, and comfy (but still cute) shoes. And this is coming from someone who wouldn’t dream of wearing sweats on a day-to-day when she was in high school.
10. You savor your mother’s cooking like it is the holy grail because you didn’t have to salt it, cook it, or pay for it.
11. You get pissed when you go to register for classes, and all of the earlier time slots are full.
12. You stop obsessing over your dorm room decorations like you did around move-in day, and realize that your dorm is the place where you sleep - not an HGTV showcase.
13. Every single complaint you have about your school ends with you asking what the hell all of your tuition money goes toward.
14. You pull your first all-nighter, after all of those times you swore would never be that one.
15. You view breaks from school as breaks from spending money.